Home Contents Back
The Pellowes of Penryn
APPENDIX - 3
(48)In 1795, 1797 and several years after, William Pellowe is the proprietor of the Kings Arms at Penryn (vide Sherborne Mercury for those years) and page 30 of this book.
On May 13th, 1776 in the Sherborne Mercury:
"A genteel and fashionable coach with venetian blinds and a front glass lined with white not in the least soiled, elegantly painted, varnished and gilded lath harness for four horses - to be sold by James Pellowe, Penryn."
See page 28 for this eminent huckster.